Anyone who lives in our neighborhoods knows that our streets and sidewalks are a safety nightmare. Every time you step outside you risk life and limb just trying to get across the street.
- Our sidewalks are a mess with large, gaping holes, missing bricks and uneven sidewalks everywhere.
- Our traffic signals are not coordinated so you are forced to walk and drive over the same space at the same time.
- Cars running red lights are blocking key intersections making it harder for others to travel.
- Fix repairs of sidewalks with temporary repair within 48 hours. Permanent repair within 21 days.
- Eliminate turn and walk signals that put cars and pedestrians in the street at the same time.
- Cameras at key intersections to reduce running red lights and stopping in the middle of key intersections.
- Bicycle education programs for all ages.
- Limit Ubers to only Mass registered vehicles for pickups.
- Install four-way walk signals at key intersections.
- License blue bikes and fine those violating the law using 3-1-1